This 10-day circuit of the most famous mountain on Earth (probably), The Matterhorn. A tough trek for the connoisseur of beautiful and more remote high Alpine scenery. The trek travels through two countries, Italy and Switzerland.
Throughout the trek we will pass through beautiful meadows, glaciated peaks and remote valleys. Much quieter than many of the more famous treks in The Alps. It is by no means any less spectacular. The ‘cols’ are higher than most other treks, reaching 3000m or more on many of the days.
Much of the route is on excellent Alpine paths, steeper in places with some rugged ground including small sections of fixed equipment for safeguarding (this is not a Via Ferrata). There are two glacial crossing which are very easy and not ‘technical’ On these two days we will be employing a certified IFMGA Guide.
Most of the days we will be in excellent hotels of 2/3 star comfort in private ensuite rooms.
On two nights we will stay in more rustic accommodation but still have private rooms.
The trek starts and finishes in St. Niklaus in Switzerland.
TOUR OF THE MATTERHORN TREK
- 8 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION IN 2/3 STAR HOTELS
- 2 NIGHTS IN MORE BASIC HOTELS, PRIVATE ROOMS
- 10 EVENING MEALS
- 10 BREKFASTS
- FULLY QUALIFIED INTERNATIONAL MOUNTAIN LEADER THROUGHOUT
- BAGGAGE TRANSFER ON 5 DAYS
- ALL TRANSPORT WHILST ON TREK (CABLECAR/BUS)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- TRANSPORT FROM THE UK TO SWITZERLAND
- TRANSPORT TO/FROM ST. NIKLAUS
- INSURANCE (YOU MUST HAVE THIS AT START OF TREK)
- LUNCHES ON ALL DAYS
- ANY DRINKS/REFRESHMENTS
- ANY TRANSPORT IF YOU OPT TO SKIP DAYS ON TREK
- 12 – 21 July 2021
- 14 – 23 July 2022
£2,600 (Based on 6 people in group) Please enquire for full itinerary and details of how to book.